As well as his normal work at gigs, and teaching music, John Bousfield is involved in many projects.
- Played on Thursday February 20th at Mavericks, Bingley Jazz Club. This was an evening to celebrate the life of the musician John Pashley, who died last year. Lots of musicians and friends were there. Some of Colin Priestley's photographs were on display and the evening was a great tribute to John.
- That Horn Swings rehearsals and the Anchor Band gigs are of course on hold. Great shame , because they were sounding so good.
- Beckfoot school music carries on going from strength to strength. We have a particulary good theory group at the moment, but alas with schools closing we have to pause. Hopefully not for too long.
- Played with the Dixieland Quartet 'Jazzin' Around on Sunday 23rd February at Saltaire Brewery. We did the first set before handing over to Emily Brown. Was a great evening in a great venue.
- Very sad but of course all gigs are suspended because of Coronavirus.
- Lots of opportunity to work on new projects and music software.
- All my teaching now online using Zoom. The sound quality is good using a USB microphone, but my new webcam is still on 'A Slow Boat From China'. Luckily the laptop camera is quite acceptable. It is going well I am pleased to say, and using an Ethernet cable gives it greater stability.